Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Handspun Mitts


The white mitts are made from my own hand spun yarn, from Targhee wool. The pattern is one I've been working on for a while. I've actually made several pairs of these mitts, but the others I've given away as gifts. I'm still doing some minor tweaking to the pattern, and may have to make another couple of pairs to decide what will make it 'perfect'. My goal with this pattern is for the backs of my hands and wrists to be kept warm while my fingers and the palms of my hands to be open, free to knit or do whatever other activity I may feel like doing. I often walk and knit, and when it's cold out I sure appreciate some additional warmth! Oh, and these are accurate for my historical reenactments, too. Sure hope life eases up soon so I can get to some!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Looking forward to the pattern.

Shelley McClanahan said...

I'm thinking I'll learn how to put patterns up on Ravelry, but I'm not sure yet. It's actually really easy to knit up, and pretty fast, too.