Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Wine Making Class at Listermann's in Cincinnati

Last night was my final wine making class. The class is held at Listermann's in Cincinnati, taught by Walt Huber. Walt has been making wine since 1974, and I sure learned a lot. I highly recommend this class.

There are 5 classes over 3 months. The first 2 classes are a week apart, the rest a month apart. Each student makes a batch of wine as part of the class. After the final class is a tasting of each students wine. It was fun tasting all the different wines. Some were from kits, some from concentrates, some from fresh fruits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you made any more wine since your class? I would like to hear about your experiences.

Maria
mariaramos@fuse.net

Shelley McClanahan said...

I had made a lot of wine, mostly from kits, but some from various fruits, before I took the class, and I have made some since as well. Not as much as before, since my work schedule has picked up drastically since then.